Disinterested SSPX announcement of the excommunication of Archbishop Viganò
I have not yet seen this article on the English FSSPX News site, the following is machine translated from the French FSSPX News website:

The Vatican excommunicates Mgr. Viganò

[Image: palais_saintoffice_2024.webp?itok=rAl1sQ83]

The Palace of the Holy Office, seat of the Dicastery for the doctrine of faith

JULY 6, 2024

A communiqué from the Dicastery for the Doctrine of the Faith announced on Friday, July 5, 2024, the latae sententiae excommunication of Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò, in an extra-judicial trial at which the former Nuncio to the United States had failed to appear. He was therefore sentenced in absentia.

The Vatican News website reports that Archbishop Viganò was excommunicated "for wanting to break communion with the Bishop of Rome and the Catholic Church".

This is what the press release details: "His public declarations manifesting his refusal to recognize and submit to the Supreme Pontiff, his rejection of communion with the members of the Church who are subject to him, as well as his rejection of the legitimacy and magisterial authority of the Second Vatican Council, are well known."

The decree concludes, "At the conclusion of the criminal proceedings, the Most Reverend Carlo Maria Viganò has been found guilty of the reserved offense of schism."

On June 24, 2024, on the Religion News Service website, the auxiliary bishop of Astana, Kazakhstan, advised caution. While criticizing Archbishop Viganò's sedevacantist positions, Bishop Athanasius Schneider considers that Francis would "increase divisions" in the Church if he excommunicated the former apostolic nuncio.

"I think the Pope would be wise and prudent if he did not excommunicate Archbishop Viganò", he said. And he added: "I think that today the Church has so many internal divisions that it would be imprudent, even if there is a canonical reason, to judge...".
"So let us be confident, let us not be unprepared, let us not be outflanked, let us be wise, vigilant, fighting against those who are trying to tear the faith out of our souls and morality out of our hearts, so that we may remain Catholics, remain united to the Blessed Virgin Mary, remain united to the Roman Catholic Church, remain faithful children of the Church."- Abp. Lefebvre